BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

Just out of Bloomberg 18/05/06In a nutshell they cant figure out...

1. 211 Posts.
    Just out of Bloomberg 18/05/06

In a nutshell they cant figure out how these people go H5N1. They ahve found antibodies in Pigs and are doing tests. If it is pigs then virus has mutated for first time.

Comments by WHO are alarming. To all the d i c k h e a d s out there who think this is a hoax i hope you are right.

Expect to see the australian news agencies onto this very soon.

Major Concern'

``If the virus is in pigs, that would be a major concern,'' Ton Schat, a professor of virology and immunology at Cornell University, said in an interview today.

Previous testing on farm animals surrounding the patients' homes had shown no evidence of avian flu, raising concern that the virus may have been passed from one person to another.

At this stage, the possibility of human-to-human transmission cannot be ruled out, the WHO's Setiogi said.

Human-to-human transmission would suggest the virus had undergone genetic changes making it more contagious to people. Avian flu has the potential of sparking a pandemic if it spreads easily among people.

``It is certainly alarming,'' said D i c k Thompson, a WHO spokesman in Geneva. ``This is the largest H5N1 cluster we have seen. There are obviously important questions that we need answered. But right now it is too early in the investigation to say anything definitive.''

Yesterday, three members of the family said they were feeling sick, with symptoms including headache and cough.

At least 115 of the 208 people known to be infected with the bird flu have died, the WHO said on its Web site May 12. The tally doesn't include six cases, five of which were fatal, in North Sumatra and an unrelated fatality in East Java confirmed by the WHO yesterday.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.