UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

contract coming + more!!

1. TDA
    11,411 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Ireally like the opening line: "multiple deals with pharmaceutical customers relating to our Unifill® platform and other game-changing technologies are now either complete or in the final stages of negotiation"

Few days or weeks = customer will not be rushed due to Unilife shareholder needs:)

June 17, 2013
    Dear Unilife stockholders
    I am pleased to advise that multiple deals with pharmaceutical customers relating to our Unifill® platform and other game-changing technologies are now either complete or in the final stages of negotiation.
    We have successfully completed negotiations with a global pharmaceutical company for a major long-term
    supply contract for the Unifill syringe as referred to during our last earnings call. I can advise that this
    contract is finalized with all terms having been agreed upon by both parties. The formal process of having
    the execution copy of the contract signed is now taking place, and we have been advised by the customer
    that it may require an additional few days or weeks to complete. While this process is taking slightly longer
    than both parties originally anticipated, it is understandable given the size of the Company and the number
    of steps involved.
    I share the eagerness of many of our stockholders regarding this upcoming news, which I believe will
    accelerate our commercial progress. However I am also not concerned about one contract with one
    customer taking a little longer to announce than expected. Our focus is to build long term partnerships with a
    diversified customer base and deliver substantial revenue and sustainable growth over coming years. In that
    regard, I am very pleased with the fundamentals of our Company and excited about our future. I would
    therefore like to take this opportunity to update you on some other significant commercial developments.
    We expect to finalize negotiations with several additional pharmaceutical companies relating to our Unifill
    platform of syringes this calendar year. I believe that some of these upcoming agreements have the
    potential to be of equal or even greater financial magnitude than the contract I referred to above. In parallel,
    we are also continuing to supply Unifill syringes to a number of other pharmaceutical companies who are
    conducting human factor studies, drug compatibility studies and fill-finish integration studies. In each case,
    the customer’s goal is to commercialize their drugs in various configurations from our Unifill platform. For
    example, I can advise that batches of Unifill syringes will be delivered to four separate pharmaceutical
    companies this week alone.
    We must also not forget our first supply contract for the Unifill syringe that was signed last year, under which
    we are supplying the product to a customer for use with a generic injectable drug in the autoimmune
    therapeutic class. Significant commercial revenue and exclusivity fees are expected to begin under this
    seven year contract during fiscal year 2014.
    However Unilife is not a one product company. In recent years, our investments in R&D have created the
    most expansive and highly differentiated portfolio of injectable drug delivery systems in the world. Our
    proprietary technology platforms today span prefilled syringes, auto-injectors, wearable injectors,
    reconstitution systems, intraocular delivery systems and specialized devices. Commercial negotiations
    regarding customization programs and commercial supply contracts are now underway with multiple
    pharmaceutical companies for more than a dozen products across these six platforms.

In April 2013, we announced our first long-term contract for the EZMix™ dual-chamber syringe, a gamechanging
    system for the reconstitution and mixing of liquid or dry drug combinations. We have already
    begun to generate revenue under the 15-year contract, and will be conducting user evaluation studies with
    the customer this week. With the EZMix requiring only one intuitive step for reconstitution, we expect our
    product will play a key role in differentiating their drug from the competition to rapidly secure market share
    within this fast-growing market. We therefore look forward to the commercial launch of this product, targeted
    for filing with the FDA in 2015, where, in addition to revenues from the sales of the EZMix syringe, we will
    also share in their net drug sales via the receipt of exclusivity and royalty fees.
    This customer is one of more than 15 pharmaceutical companies now pursuing products from within our
    EZMix platform. Given the revolutionary nature of this proprietary technology, I can advise that many of
    these prospective customers desire exclusivity to our EZMix products for use with a target drug. Having now
    been informed by several customers that they have selected EZMix for use with target drugs, we look
    forward to the finalization of some exciting agreements over the coming year.
    Another significant area of commercial opportunity for Unilife relates to our wearable injectors (also known
    as patch pumps or bolus injectors) for the subcutaneous delivery of long-duration or large volume drugs.
    Several pharmaceutical companies have now advised us of their selection of our wearable injectors for use
    with target programs that each includes up to seven pipeline drug candidates. In each case prior to our
    selection, the pharmaceutical company conducted extensive evaluations comparing our wearable injectors
    against competitor devices. This market sector is poised to experience hyper-rates of growth over the
    coming decade, and we are considered to be the clear market leader by our customers.
    We will begin to recognize revenue via customization programs and product sales for our wearable injectors
    from several customers throughout fiscal year 2014. Many of these companies have also requested
    exclusivity rights for a target therapy.
    Significant progress is also being made with a multitude of other pharmaceutical customers seeking access
    to additional products within our portfolio including the RITA™ disposable auto-injector, the LISA™ reusable
    injector, Depot-ject™, Ocu-ject™ and Micro-ject™. Furthermore, I am pleased to advise that we have
    successfully completed the first phase of a clinical development program announced in 2011 with a global
    pharmaceutical company for our specialized device that will deliver a novel drug directly into a target organ.
    The next program phase is now underway with additional revenue to be recognized in 2014.
    With so many programs with so many customers now accelerating rapidly in parallel, a steady progression
    of transformational, revenue-generating announcements can be expected between now and the end of the
    calendar year. Together, I expect these upcoming agreements will herald our emergence as the new global
    leader for injectable drug delivery. We remain fully on track to achieve our business milestones for calendar
    year 2013 and beyond. Thank you for your continued support.
    Yours sincerely
    Alan Shortall

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.