AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Hey JS,Have a look at...

1. 10,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6071
    Hey JS,

Have a look at http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt

This is a list of all current reported gross shorts on the ASX. Avanco is not listed which I believe means that there is not a single short sale in existence. At least at this time (which sort of makes sense with big announcements expected anyway).

I appreciate what you are saying about short cfd's being available through IG markets but as they are a "market maker" rather than a "direct market access" dealer, in this instance, the shorts don't really exist and not suggesting they would do dodgy things(for legal reasons as much as anything else) but I do wonder how they make money if they are not placing them "direct to market"? Goggling market makers might provide additional info? Perhaps you're already right across the various issues/pro's and con's etc in which case ignore me :)

I'm not implying anything in particular about trading strategies here...each to their own...but given the relatively modest market cap of AVB and the fact that I research ASX shortsell lists periodically I was just surprised that AVB was mentioned in the context of shorting.

Cheers

PS If anyone knows of a margin loan provider that offers margin on genuine shares I'd be interested in hearing about it? Suspect we're still a little small for that as well, I haven't found anyone yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.