MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

conventional gas

1. 976 Posts.
    When I asked Glenda - in May this year - how big is Kingfisher?

Her reply was: "the biggest gas field in Australia".

"Bigger than the Cooper Basin?"

"The Cooper Basin consists of many fields." said Mick O'Brian, who was also present.

Now this has nagged at me ever since because it's called "The Mackellar Structure" now.

And it strays into ROG's PEL 479.

On p5 of Bailleau Report No1, they show MEL's INTERNAL estimates (& we know how conservative MEL are) of conventional gas within the 3 PEL's:

2500 of P50 or 5000 of P10

To put this in context, in a very fine piece of research by !!!, the Cooper Basin has produced 5000PJ of gas over the last 40 years.

I rang Mick O'Brien today and asked him if it was possible that Clarence-Morton conventional gas could equal this figure and he confirmed that it was. (Mick was with Santos in the Cooper Basin).

As in the CB C-M conventional gas consists of several fields/resevoirs.

I have up-till-now held the belief that MEL were deliberately witholding this information (by having no official reserves) to keep hostile predators at bay.

Not so, says Mick, the problem is the colossal amount of money required to get it out and pipe it to market. We're talking billions.

PS: People with very deep pockets are still piling in through MEL's front door door; so my biggest fear now, with the gas sector catching fire (forgive the pun) is that long-suffering shareholders will sell into a low hostile bid - against the advice of the Board.

Thank you for your time

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.988M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $858 158.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 927625 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5044543 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.16am 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.