ASQ 0.00% 2.4¢ australian silica quartz group ltd

conversations with the community, page-2

1. 49 Posts.
    This is a great read and I urge anyone with any interest in BRL to read it all.

From my assessment BRL are doing everything they possibly can to placate what appears to be a minority of Shire of Chittering residents who oppose the mining of bauxite.

The following extract is from the minutes of the Conversations with the Community meeting and they reflect the obvious desire of the people of Chittering for real jobs for local people. Applause greeted those who supported the need for local jobs.

Question:
    Dan Tenardi mentioned employing local people, how many are you going to employ? Dan and Terry responded with current and projected figures.

Terry answered:
    "our plan is to have multiple pits in multiple shires; workforce will centre on Chittering; we advertised in The Advocate. Currently two local full time staff, we have engaged local contractors, local businesses - its money in the community. In terms of jobs we need between 20 and 30 operators and that is in The Advocate this week, we have also engaged a trainer, as some of those who have applied do not have the skill set.
    .... we will use multiple sites. We will use workforce that could be in this region for 20 or 30 yrs.

Again from the minutes is this response from a member of the the audience:
    Daniel Knight; I am an experienced mine worker, who do I give my CV to? Applause response

.... if this doesn't go through a lot of young blokes here will have to go fly in fly out for work? Response from crowd - applause.

I didn't attend the meeting but you get a fairly good idea of the mood of the meeting from the minutes. I think it's a vocal minority that is driving the anti bauxite mining agenda.

In a couple of years time this will all be forgotten and the Shire of Chittering will have a thriving business at their doorstep employing local workers and giving a much needed boost to the local economy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.764M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13181 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 11024 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.