coolangatta, page-20

1. 7,432 Posts.
    kingy
    4th generation "tweedy"?
    have you any first hand experience of Coolangatta and it's surrounds pre say 1975?
    like were you born then or at least compus mentis ie say over 10 years old?

eg ever heard of Sabrina? remind me who was her Tweed Photographer?
    Like did you ever go to Danceland in Coolangatta? Ever participate in the Border New Years Riots?

or was the Tweed RSL or the Cabbage Patch your first youthful experience of a Night out?

kingy,being a Tweedy is still being a Dang Southerner in my book.
    I assume you are too young to understand.
    Me I'm going 60 year old, I "been around" since 1964.
    weren't no "nice boy" neither.

kingy,don't throw some kincella like attitude at moi.
    4th Gen Tweedy? what? were your family a Doug Anthony Senior/Jnr and Son supporter?

Ever heard of Ariadne and how they bought up Kirra for "Progress" and then went broke leaving all the area to D Grade property developers? ie Encouraged the Slum of Coolangatta.

now buying property for "family/lifestyle reasons" to live in is one thing.
    BUT buying Property for "Investment" is completely another kettle of fish

and I'm here now to downrate the Gold Coast esp Surfers Paradise end as a Property Investment for Mugs.
    and the Coolangatta end is no place for "Bargains".

Want to try it's Lifestyle?

Rent there.Don't buy some failed "sharpies" dream.Don't at this time play Pass the Parcel cos there is a real chance you're the last hand.Some once were Good Areas fail/fall never in a living lifetime seen to return to "Glory" days.

imho South Gold Coast qualifies as this.

ps My Uncle sold the beachfront from Coolangatta Creek to about the old Kirra Iceworks for 10 quid in the mid 1930's.
    He retained a goodly proportion acreage of the hill behind this area.Family recently "liquidated".
    I got the Gist on Property Values in Holiday Home "values" Coolangatta and surrounds from this so come on Nouveau Riches and southern Blow Ins,talk to me about the wonders of Coolangatta Property Investment.
    need a laugh,love a Joke.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.