RNE 50.0% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

You make a valid point nightspore but isn't the whole point...

1. 622 Posts.
    You make a valid point nightspore but isn't the whole point about the current political global warming debate that governments should be out there funding new ideas to get them off the ground. In many ways its a condemnation of governments that it is down to commercial enterprises to try to make these things work. I am a long term holder of GDY and will be delighted for purely financial reasons as well as ecological ones if they eventually get this thing off the ground but it shouldn't really be that way. Yes there are some wild ideas out there about alternative energy but the geothermal concept is working well elsewhere in the world and as far as Australia is concerned it is more about just investing enough to overcome all the problems and get it working. Government bankrolling can kick start projects that might otherwise never start (or ultimately succeed) and smooths over the vagaries of the market that can derail a company irrespective of the validity of their prospects.
    This sounds like heresy from a free market conservative like me but I speak as a believer that geothermal energy is what will enable Australia to lead the world in carbon emmission reduction.
    And tawnyport, voting green because they have a 'moral compass'? Give them any sort of power and you will see just what you get with any other politician; self interest and concessions to pressure groups; but perhaps this should go on the election thread before it all comes to a welcome end.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.002(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $3.630M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $348 66.54K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 148958 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 4969547 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.47am 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.