CLA 8.33% 1.1¢ celsius resources limited.

Copper - Cobalt - Gold - Zinc outlook

1. 998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563
    Hello and Happy Sunday.

Decided to start this thread to replace all the other threads that were focused on 1 metal because we do have an abundance of all these other metals in our major projects.

If you're new to CLA, we have lots of Cobalt - Copper - Zinc in our Namibian project. We also have lots of Copper - Gold in our Philippines projects.

The purpose of this thread is to collate news from around the world that may have an impact on any of these metal markets and hence, the fortunes of CLA.

Let's start with Copper. Recent developments include:
    - Chile, the world's largest Copper producing country, elected a new leftist president, **riel Boric, in December 2021. This has had immediate impact on their mining industry, as a new constitution is being drawn up that includes nationalizing of their Copper and Lithium mines.
    - In Peru, world's second largest Copper producer behind Chile, new leftist president Pedro Castillo was elected in July 2021. He has vowed to increase mining taxes and nationalise their Copper mines. I suppose the election of a leftist president gives their people more courage to oppose mining on their lands. An example is the massive Las Bambas mine, currently being blockaded by activists.
    - Sanctions on Russia will also impact on the Copper market because they are a major exporter of the metal, even though they do not produce a lot.
    - In the meantime, the news from the Philippines where we have 2 major Copper - Gold projects, has been progressively getting better and better. The Government recently lifted a ban on open-pit mining, and before that lifted a ban on new mines.
    - Our projects in the Philippines are not just small projects. The MCB project has recently received Priority Project status from the Philippines government.

Cobalt news:
    - A major development in the Cobalt market was the temporary removal of CMOC from operating the Tenke Fungurume Copper - Cobalt mine in the DRC. It may be temporary or have lasting impact because this move makes it very clear that the DRC government is looking to profit more from their natural resources, which has the same effect as nationalising mines. This bodes well for other countries with major Cobalt resources like Namibia.
    - The price of Cobalt has increased by ~15.5% in the LME contract since this news at Tenke Fungurume broke.

Last edited by Jskl76: 13/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $26.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ $286 26.01K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
35 15535674 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 430313 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CLA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.