CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

copper futures, page-26

1. 3,647 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 549
    Foxhat,

Okay, so its "I didn't say it, must have been somebody else", then its "thats not what I meant, your understanding is quite wrong". Still no real explanation as to what the comment meant, just "you wrong".

The original posters was just saying that copper is trending up and they were right, it is.

You announce that AUD is up nearly 4c in the last few days but it isn't. It bottomed out at $1.044 on the 28th and it at $1.0732 today (lower when you made the statement), with almost all of that movement happening overnight. Thats a change of 2.9c so one can get away with claiming isn't nearly 3c, but a massive stretch to call it almost 4c. A little exageration there.

You then go on to tell said poster that this inflated exchange rate has "effectively wiping out the gains in real terms". I have given you the chart of copper price gains in AUD term and this shows that you are wrong about this also. The trend in AUD term is also up and there are real gains, they have not effectively been wiped out as you say they have, unless you pick some arbitary point in time to start measuring then inflate the exchange rates.

You then want to use the disclaimer that you picked the absolute bottom of the AUD 3 days ago as the point from which you made your assessment thus your remarks only relate to the last few days. Hardly relevant given that the posts which you tried to rip apart made no such distinction. Arbitary points for measurement don't add anything to your arguement that the original posters are wrong. You can't just exclude reality and change the context just to make it suit your point.

Seriously mate, your point about the need to also factor in exchanges rates would be a good one if the facts weren't stretched so far as to no longer be true. The point gets lost when the supporting evidence is just made up.

Have a great weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.