PNA 0.00% $1.84 panaust limited

G'day Peppers,In agreeing with Mx on "Outstanding Post" and...

1. 956 Posts.
    G'day Peppers,

In agreeing with Mx on "Outstanding Post" and great to see your thinking coming from the side of the fence that it is, I might add just a little thought:

Earlier this week China lost the plot over RIO and arrested an Australian Passport holder (and others) on a charge of "spying":

"The arrest of Stern Hu, the general manager for China operations at Rio Tinto's iron ore division, prompted speculation that it was linked to fraught negotiations over Australian iron ore exports to China, The Australian reports."

In itself this is not an unusual thing to happen. Human rights in China are not.

What is in jeopardy is the cooling of the trade relations between Australia and China. This is as it may be, however I can't help feeling that the PNA SP has - and will suffer an over-reaction to this sort of thing.

I'm not being negative here - far from it. My thoughts are aligned with the basic fundamentals you outlined in your post.

We may well be rewarded to remember that in addition to your fundamental considerations, PNA is well and truely on the track to being 20% Chinese owned, with the mine site operations and production in another country.

Giving due consideration to the 20% ownership to which I refer, I believe that PNA should be considered to be in a position unaffected by the present political scrummage.

Unfortunately, singular personal beliefs do not affect the market, and we may well see an unfounded chatter in the SP as a result of this arrest. We can do with out further overselling, so my hope is that if enough investors consider this point some sanity might return to the PNA market.

Hopefully by the end of the day the Chinese will back off on this. Of course it would be improper of us mere Australians to expect an apology - the best case scenario is for the detained personnel to "apologise" to China.

Stu

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.