COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

[MEDIA] In the past, most companies viewed US$3.50/lb as the...

1. 3,420 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1026

In the past, most companies viewed US$3.50/lb as the incentive price for new copper developments.

If companies (i.e. the C Suite and/or BoD) truly believe copper prices will remain at US$3.00/lb longer-term (see Tweet above), then that will neither spur development action or M&A.

Goldman Sachs believes that the green revolution is likely to create a record wide copper supply gap by 2030, as not many big new copper projects are coming on stream.

My bet, the C Suite and BoD will wake up and smell the copper coffee as their companies copper reserves are depleting.

Decarbonisation means a massive increase in demand for copper and other resource sector commodities to facilitate the increase in electric vehicles and solar and wind power generation.

Governments are mandating for a rapid shift to EV's.

This is a multi-decade event.

As RFC Ambrian put it 2 years ago, Copper M&A: the Cupboard is Nearly Bare. See Post#: 41974288

The momentum is up. Demand is escalating. Supply looks like it is coming under pressure.

IMO, there is no ceiling for copper prices.

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.