COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

Copper Market Deficit by 2025, page-149

1. 3,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1029

Copper price flies high, but further out forecasts are grim - MINING.COM.pdf

While almost all agree copper’s longer term future is bright, there is much less consensus on how much the price of the metal will shine in the next few years.

A monthly poll conducted by FocusEconomics, shows wide disparities in forecast prices by the investment banks, brokers, economists and governments in the survey compiled 13–18 April 2021.

FocusEconomics notes that in its April survey more than half of panelists adjusted predictions upward (and four became less bullish) from the forecasts compiled during March 2021.  

While the underlying copper market is moving fast at the moment, unless more market analysts come around to the idea of a supercycle in coming months, Goldman looks set to continue to be a lone voice.

Note: I am firmly in the >US$11,000 per tonne copper camp by the end of this calendar year.

Kalkaroo large scale open pit copper project.JPG

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.