RXM 2.97% 26.0¢ rex minerals limited

I hardly think that to a compare dolomite mine and a copper mine...

1. 745 Posts.
    I hardly think that to a compare dolomite mine and a copper mine is fair, I would pretty much say they are completely different - mostly dolomite is a fairly stable innocuous substance that is used on garden all over the country.

copper mining is going to have a huge impact on the environment and the site will be completely different - the amount of overburden is going to be tremendous. I wonder if anyone really realises how expensive this mine will be - the water table is so low there they will have pumps going all the time to keep the water out. but because it is so saline they are going to have to pay for fresh water at the mine site. do they mention what waters the sprinklers are going to put on the piles of overburden?? cause if they use the ground water, it will probably contaminate and of the adjoining farms.

now what they are protesting also is the fact that then Rex have targets elsewhere on the peninsula under what it the best dry land farming in the country. then haul the ore to the ardrossan site for processing. BIG trucks that ruin the roads.

also Rex have not been able to acquire all the land they need so, to even get this off the ground the government will have to enforce a 'compulsory acquisition' wonder how lond that will take and who will walk away from land they have farmed for nearly 150 years?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.0¢
Change
0.008(2.97%)
Mkt cap ! $199.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 26.0¢ 25.5¢ $100.8K 391.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 26.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
26.5¢ 275051 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RXM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.