AIS 0.00% 25.0¢ aeris resources limited

Thieves Are Stealing Copper Cables From Tesla Charging Stations...

1. 12,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1744
    Thieves Are Stealing Copper Cables From Tesla Charging Stations Amid Sky-High Prices For Vital Metal

May 17, 202422:07 GMT+10

Tesla charging stations in Vallejo, California, were recently targeted by thieves who stole copper cables, causing damage and inconvenience for drivers.
    Mother’s Day Mayhem: The incident reportedly occurred on Mother’s Day when nine charging stations behind a Vallejo Target store were vandalized. Thieves cut the heavy-duty cables, which contain valuable copper, rendering the stations inoperable.
    Retired Marine Josh Beckler, a Tesla driver, discovered the damage the following morning. “It most likely happened in the night, and we found it early morning,” Beckler told NBC Bay Area.
    He described the scene, highlighting the sheer number of cables stolen: “You know, they left five charging stations. I'm pretty sure after they racked up, I don't know what the quantity was, but almost 20 cables with the nozzles. Those are extremely heavy, so I'm imagining that's all they could haul at one given time.”
    Quick Repairs Minimize Downtime: The incident raised concerns about the security of Tesla’s charging infrastructure, especially when the company’s charging unit has seen some heavy layoffs. Some drivers suggested implementing additional security measures, such as gates, to deter future thefts, as per the report.

Copper In Demand: The surge in copper theft comes amid the significant rise in copper prices.
    The high copper content of these cables makes them a lucrative target for thieves, especially with copper prices hovering near two-year highs of $10,000 per metric ton, driven by demand in sectors like EVs, power infrastructure, artificial intelligence, and automation.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $241.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.0¢ 26.0¢ 25.0¢ $497.1K 1.961M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 601951 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 82000 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.96 %)
Open High Low Volume
25.3¢ 26.0¢ 25.0¢ 1346215
Last updated 15.55pm 07/06/2024 ?
AIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.