AIS 2.27% 22.5¢ aeris resources limited

Copper news, page-45

1. 5,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3118
    I have read it as intermediary entities (or people atm) being able to buy discounted Russian metal-- and sell or store it via the LME.
    Anyone doing this obviously is taking advantage of arbitrage in Russian sanctioned metal, to profit.
    But there is potentially this back -door selling and offloading of difficult to sell into the world market, Russian produced metal, has occurred or can occur.

It is something that the LME are seeking to consult on regarding the possibility of this now happening, and forwards, as well as taking stock of the overall situation since February.

Interesting and yes of course you are correct that elsewise there is also the Shanghai exchange.

The LME have also got to consider the fact that these metals are in critical short supply. They want to establish basis for their decisions and be accountable, as well as trying to be wise.
    The nickel squeeze bailout last year by the LME to me was shocking. Effectively letting the significant short-seller off the hook for otherwise catastrophic losses on their short sales of nickel.

One of my sons works for Airbus in Europe - definitely there is acute shortage & higher costs for high value metals such as titanium and platinum or palladium +, the higher recent costs.(which I don’t think are forecast to continue so much for palladium with time)
    Aluminium also obviously.
    Copper and nickel etal always are important.
    The shortages in supply chains are directly impacting production targets of aircraft for Airbus and I am sure also Boeing through the next 18mths + . ( can Google- I did not get this information from my son, only he mentioned about the significant costs & shortages for metals, mentioning palladium one time, as a constraint that is real.)
    Definitely production constraints are occurring which can read about in revised aircraft and car production forecasts for major European companies.
    Obviously Germany for instance cannot ramp- up fabrication of solar panels or other requirements for renewable energies - due to shortages including copper but also for the key components which are all made in China predominantly now.

A lot of catch- 22s.
    Copper is my preferred for longterm investment here.
    Further constraining supplies of copper, nickel and aluminium will also restrict high value and general industries- already under great stress with increased energy costs.

The LME is clearly going to carefully assess the situation overall.

The copper price has been sold down despite global shortages developing, critically low levels of copper inventories- increasing the probability of Russian metal finding its way for instance into the LME and elsewhere via traders.
    Copper price fell along with commodities and the very strong USD, though there is lower forecast output from South American mines and plans to ramp- up renewable energy and infrastructure + housing builds around the world.
    Further out shortfalls are increasing as expanded mining is not being incentivised with current copper prices.

Will leave off this ramble now- an extra twist re Russian produced metals and the LME investigating and seeking to remove opportunity for Russian produced metals to be accepted. Thankyou @Tasmania01
    Last edited by Aqua65: 30/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
22.5¢
Change
0.005(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $217.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
22.5¢ 22.8¢ 21.5¢ $464.4K 2.093M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 245097 22.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 153347 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.