CYM 16.7% 4.2¢ cyprium metals limited

Yep, I agree with a lot of what you said and a lot of your...

1. 3,697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 766
    Yep, I agree with a lot of what you said and a lot of your points are valid. The main point I want to make is I believe both LFP and Nickel is needed for adoption. They both have a place and the overall ev market would be in a much worse position if LFP wasn't around.

I was just going from what I remember being talked about last year, but here are two snips about recycling and LFP vs Nickel costs from rising lithium prices(I didn't find many articles talking about it so I wonder if the spike didn't lost long. However, I remember at the time people talking about it on twitter and doing calculations etc).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5044/5044424-1d0ebc2fd456562aeb662710dc5fd9b2.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5044/5044375-bcde38c5bfd5c1714d0022d3992e25fe.jpg

At the moment in the short to medium term I think LFP has a place for storage, but I think better grid storage alternatives will arrive. Salt / flow / vanadium there is enough money getting poured into r&d now that a better alternative to lithium will emerge.

Im also not bullish on cobalt and LFP is definitely here to stay. But you hardly hear anyone mention phosphate which imo is a battery metal most people should also be holding.

Especially when all the analyst got it wrong, back in 2020 estimates of EVs sales(12mil sold by 2025) got blown out of the water and were a lot higher then forecast(10mil+ in 2022) but what analysts missed was the growth in LFP. It also hasn't been shared with the public yet either. People need to go back and recalculate what 2025 / 2030 EV sales will look like for their metals if LFP has 50%+ market share.

Solid state batteries still use nickel (they should make electric flight viable if they ever come onto the market), also doping anodes with silicon(more then what Tesla currently does) / Graphene can see a significant boost.

Then you also have technologies like NVX's DPMG patent if they figure out how to commercialize that it's a significant step up for nickel chemistries. I think @tinhat is the only other face I remember in here who participated in that 29c raise.

Mid to long term I think Nickel chemistries have a lot more viable paths for growth (million miles / wh/kg) then LFP. But LFP also doesn't need to cater to those markets either, LFP will excel at cheap affordable cars.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.2¢
Change
0.006(16.7%)
Mkt cap ! $64.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.7¢ 4.0¢ $511.1K 11.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 353683 4.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.2¢ 19996 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.