AR1 0.00% 16.0¢ austral resources australia ltd

learn some lessons from it, sometimes you gotta burn your...

1. 6,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    learn some lessons from it, sometimes you gotta burn your fingers to learn not to touch a hotplate
    (1) never allow a single stock to dominate your portfolio, likewise diversify in asset classes .. if this stock was 5% or less of your portfolio, then seeing it going to zero and failing to act along the way still woudnt harm your overall wealth that much.
    (2) be prepared to sell at a loss if you feel the stock is going the wrong direction

you can also familiarise yourself with other helpful tools for mining stocks such as lassonde curve, perhaps plan entry and exit strategies and be able to recognise when something isnt going to plan. its better to walk away with half your money and be able to redeploy it than sit there for god knows how many years (if ever) waiting for it to break even.

I agree, understanding mining is difficult for people who dont have a background in it (me included), the general rule to investing is to invest in what you understand, but here we are finding ourselves in an asset class rotation that pushes us towards hard assets whether we understand them or not.

spend as much time as you can educating yourself, following people like Rick Rule for example can be very educational.
    we are all learning, and id say every one of us here has gotten burned at least once in the process of learning lessons, perhaps restrain yourself from going in too deep until you feel more solid in your knowledge.

Id say for the moment, treat the market like the GFC or the 1929-1933 crash.. be more comfortable on the sidelines and require compelling reasons to put any money into the market, and have a target where you at least reclaim your initial capital .. or take profit.
    Good luck with your investing journey, hopefully you find this helpful rather than me telling you how to suck eggs.
    Regards
    F&B
    Last edited by FishingAndBeer: 27/09/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AR1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.