HMX 6.52% 4.3¢ hammer metals limited

Extract From Mining. com/Reuters Article Chinese top copper...

1. 768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 378
    Extract From Mining. com/Reuters Article

Chinese top copper smelters on Wednesday came to a rare agreement to jointly embark on production cuts at some loss-making plants as they seek to cope with a shortage of raw material, according to sources with knowledge of the plans…..

The agreement, made at a meeting in Beijing, comes as fees to process copper concentrate on the spot market have dropped to their lowest in more than a decade.

Chinese top producers Jiangxi Copper, Tongling Nonferrous Metals Group, Jinchuan Group and China Copper did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Chinese smelters have been rapidly expanding their capacity over the past year to get ahead of an expected surge in copper demand from sectors related to the green energy transition such as electric vehicles or wind and solar energy.

But several mine disruptions globally, including the shutdown of the big Cobre mine in Panama owned by First Quantum, have meant copper concentrate is now in short supply.

https://www.mining.com/web/chinas-t...ee-on-rare-joint-production-cuts-sources-say/

Goodluck to all holders and believers in HMX.

Cheers Aussie
    Last edited by aussiemaddog: 14/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
-0.003(6.52%)
Mkt cap ! $38.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.5¢ 4.5¢ 4.3¢ $24.24K 563.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 109612 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.6¢ 370000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.47pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.3¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 6.52 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 4.3¢ 67487
Last updated 14.45pm 02/05/2024 ?
HMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.