COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

[MEDIA] [MEDIA] "The year's top three deals were major-major...

1. 3,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030

"The year's top three deals were major-major takeovers, with two focused on copper and one on gold. The fourth largest was U.S.-based Metals Acquisition Corp.'s proposed acquisition of the producing Cobar copper mine in New South Wales, Australia, and its 612,000 metric tons of reserves and resources for $1.20 billion. The high deal value reflected the price paid for acquired copper, which was the highest for the metal in 2022 at 89 cents per pound."

"Copper has recently been at the forefront of the industry due to its central role in the green energy transition as a key metal and its rapidly dwindling global reserves. Commodity Insights expects the refined and concentrate copper markets to be in deficit in 2027. At a nine-year high in 2022, copper exploration budgets were mostly directed toward minesite exploration and away from generative programs, led by major companies as they seek to extend the life and capacity of their producing mines. With 10 of the 18 copper-focused deals targeting assets in the reserves-development stage, many buyers' acquisitions reflect long-term strategies rather than immediate boosts to production."

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.