COPPER 0.00% $2.71 copper futures

Copper: We’ve run out of time and the reckoning is coming, page-2

1. 3,410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1025

Conclusion
    Resource scarcity is one of the most serious challenges facing humanity in the next century, and copper is the poster child.

Another great challenge, climate change, is also inextricably linked with copper scarcity. Because without copper, the electrification of the global transportation system and the decarbonization of energy, cannot happen.

We've been saying this for years, only now, we are hearing an echo from other, more important voices.
    "Discussions of peak oil demand overlook the fact that without a surge in the use of copper and other key metals, the substitution of renewables for oil will not happen," Goldman Sachs just wrote in a report.

Robert Friedland, Mr. Copper himself, and a storied mine builder, has stated that copper should be a matter of national security. Who better to believe than the man whose company, Ivanhoe, is developing one of the world's largest copper deposits, Kamoa in the DRC?

The existence of climate change, either human-caused, due to natural cycles or both, is no longer up for debate. To avoid ecological catastrophe, we must reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, clean up our environment, embrace renewable energies, and continue down the path of electrifying the global transportation system.

To do so we need to find more copper. A LOT more.

Ironic isn't it, that the mineral which launched the Chalcolithic/ Copper Age, that transitioned civilization from the Stone Age to the Bronze Age, could also be the metal that determines whether modern society thrives in a new green economy, or struggles to survive, in a world still run on oil and gas.

Cheers

These are only my thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COPPER (LME) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.