RWD 0.00% 5.9¢ reward minerals ltd

The term sheet for LD was agreed between Reward and the...

1. 630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    The term sheet for LD was agreed between Reward and the aboriginal parties . When I say parties I include Proctor, Western Desert bureaucrats and the on-site Martu people. As in any group different parties have their own views and interests.

The term sheet was hailed as a breakthrough giving the Martu equity as well as other benefits. Subsequentally, new requirements were added by the aboriginal parties until the deal was frustrated.

Reward withdrew their original offer which now unworkable as the new requirements could not be resolved.

The situation was now at an impasse and the only option for Reward was to take the matter to the Native Tribunal. You will note that the Tribunal found that Reward acted in good faith.

The usual practice was for the Tribunal to rule on the lease and the Mining Warden to rule on the financial agreement. In the event the tribunal overturned precedents and created new rules in determining that the granting of the lease was an act "not to be done".

Always a risk with a Tribunal with a single Member sitting that odd results can happen. Usually, there is a full bench that can review the decision but under this Act it goes directly to the AG.

I have found Ruane to be very reasonable and very much in favour of on-site aboriginal development. However, he has been bounced around like a ping pong ball by the system.

It does annoy me that on this thread there are commentators who seem to have achieved little themselves but are always ready to dump on a person who has vision and guts and deserves support.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RWD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4979 5.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 91525 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.33pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RWD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.