''Maybe the Milakovich Cycles cause higher temperatures which in...

1. 81,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''Maybe the Milakovich Cycles cause higher temperatures which in turn cause an increase in CO2 rather than the other way around

Have you thought about that?''

yes, I did think of that - years back ------------------- but, what I fairly soon worked out is that ----

it's irrelevant

what's relevant is the 'meaning' of a rapidly warming planet

and there is no doubt at all that the planet is warming - and, rapidly

we have wasted decades with fools discussing why things are happening as opposed to what the 'meaning' of the actual happenings is --

and when we see the risk of the affects of warming and climate change - believe me, if we've hit a tipping point or if there even is a tipping point - then, we are wasting time talking and not doing

the evidence is crystal clear of what happens when the AMOC stalls
    the evidence is crystal clear that the AMOC is rapidly decelerating
    the evidence is crystal clear that the changes that occur when the AMOC stalls are ultra rapid

IMO, if we continue with our record smashing climate changes for the rest of 2024 - which, I'm hoping will not happen in the second half of the year - but, we shall see - and if we have more record smashing next year - Cal 2025 ----- then, it looks like that we've already passed a tipping point and are in runaway country -
    'regardless of the cause'

the only thing of import then will be to get some kind of grip on timing of the inevitable ------- and a working plan for adaptation for billions of humans -

at the same time - to build for the complex cascade of weather emergencies that are growing at a pace already

it is beyond debate that we are in a rapid period of climate change - we are wasting time arguing about why - we should be buying umbrellas and making sure the roof is sound - and on dry ground and in an area where we can survive

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.