SBP solbec pharmaceuticals limited

coramsine phase ii cancer trials

1. 4,756 Posts.
    PROGRESS UPDATE – CORAMSINE® PHASE II CANCER TRIALS

Summary

• Phase II Australian trials commissioned and are on track to commence
    recruitment in Q2 2006

• Positive written response received from U.S. Food and Drug Administration to
    Solbec’s pre-IND submission for Coramsine® - U.S. based Phase I trials not
    required

Perth, Australia. 3 February 2006: Solbec

Pharmaceuticals (ASX: SBP) advises that
    following the successful completion of Coramsine’s® Phase I cancer clinical trials, the
    Company has proceeded with the commissioning of the Australian Phase II trials as
    outlined below:

The Company has selected the Principal Investigator for its Australian Phase II
    metastatic renal cell carcinoma trial and begun identifying suitable trial sites. The first
    ethics submissions will be made in February.

The manufacturing and quality agreements for the GMP production of the clinical trial
    material are now in place with Patheon UK Limited. It is expected that the Australian
    trials will commence recruitment during Q2 2006.

Solbec is also pleased to announce the receipt of a positive written response from the
    U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in respect of the pre-IND (Investigational
    New Drug) submission for Coramsine® in the treatment of advanced solid tumours.

The FDA have reviewed Coramsine’s® pre-clinical and clinical dossier and have confirmed
    that Coramsine® is suitable to move into Phase II cancer clinical trials subject to the
    FDA’s acceptance of Coramsine’s® full IND application.
    “We are delighted that the FDA have provided such a timely response to our pre-IND
    submission and their advice is such that U.S. based Phase I trials will not be necessary.”
    said the Company.

“This response allows Solbec to proceed with Coramsine’s® full
    IND application prior to the commencement of U.S. clinical trials.”

The Australian Phase II trials will be partly funded by a $2.26M Australian Government
    Commercial Ready grant awarded to Solbec in December 2005.
    -END-

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.