corby's mum accuses customs over drugs, page-23

1. 12,085 Posts.
    "They take drug dealing seriously in Asia and sentence them accordingly."

Asia is just as inconsistent as the western courts. A Brit in Bali received 4 yrs for 3.1gr, gr, not kg, of cannabis. Yet, the recent 'elderly granny' with almost 5kgs of cocaine worth approx $2.5m aud is given 15yrs because she is 'elderly' and 'feared' for her sons and allegedly has mental issues. She's been made out to be an innocent victim. I find it too convenient that all her ducks line up against her. That's just my opinion. But the fact is she knowingly carried out a premeditated drug trafficking offence on a large scale.

Link

Corby receiving 20yrs for 4.2kgs of a non-narcotic drug is injustice. I don't agree that it's Bali's prerogative to sentence harshly because the sentence is not rational. And being at the mercy of Presidential pardons depending on what side of bed the Pres gets out of, is an insult to any justice system. It seems to be made up as they go along.

Sure, don't have drugs and you'll be right. But that's of no use if someone is innocent. Maybe not Schapelle, but it could be you or I or one of our children.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.