corby's mum accuses customs over drugs, page-29

1. 8,527 Posts.
    always had a gut feeling, no, was sure, that Lindy Chamberlain was innocent - the only one I knew who thought she was being me! Many huge arguments with family and friends ensured! TO me, it was a no-brainer.

Had the same gut-feeling about Schappelle Corby - the ghastly day she was sentenced - and from her demeanour.

Yes, she had to get through airports that day FOUR times - surely a foolhardy undertaking with such a visible lump in boogie board.

I believe it's on the record that there was some big kerfuffle tat day at Sydney International Airport concerning baggage handlers - and some fuss over tip-offs re. illegal goings-on that particular day she flew to Bali?

We've been whisked through formalities and around the counters of Bali Customs on occasion when rich high profile friends met us, CAME inside the Customs boundaries - met us - spoke to those in charge - and then led us out to witing transport, NO questions asked. One time this involved a sample box of Aussie lobsters - asleep. Another occasion involved sample strawberry seedlings - now THESE were confiscated, but later found to be growing well at some Custom's Big Wig's plantations out in the wilds of central Bali - thanks very much. SO much for OUR Balinese friends plans to grow strawberries for restaurants commercial use.
    Bye bye strawberry plants!

Another planet - what can happen up there! Trying to equate those areas with what happens here is futile.

But I believe Corby, in some manner or opportunity, (for whomever) perhaps WAS in fact set-up. The fact there was trouble at Sydney baggage handling (Customs too?) that PARTICULAR day she was flying that day is a hell of a co-incidence!

And, whilst we're at it - WHO vets the Customs clearance procedures for boat people, and the oat crews and contents, re. all the thousands now getting in here, what, scot free, having been smuggled in past our Northern borders?

Australia should have their own enquiry into the Corby affair. Or a serious re-visit to the arrest and sentence as to fair or not fair. Her life's passing her by! But seems everyone concerned's just content to just let her rot. Poor soul. Some of the ones condemning her cocaine, and worse, users, perhaps pushers, themselves.

and meanwhile, Bali police tour the seedier nightclubs of Kuta - once a week, or fortnight - pre-arranged - in the cool and quiet of some Club's upstairs office - for a "cool drink" - ostensibly to ascertain the current status of each Club's anti-drug restrictions. Of course, the cops don't have to pay for their drinks! (Cough!!)

Stay in a good hotel. Have a good holiday. Relax and enjoy yourself. BUT - check your baggage thoroughly - after you arrive - and absolutely do so just before you lock it to leave!

At least that's how "it" was - in the not so distant PAST!

Perhaps things more abov board now - but the whole scene very hypocritical.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.