Corona suicide cases coming in, page-124

1. 10,234 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Look I have only read a few posts in this thread including the first 1. But in reality 1. Have to question the cure vs the complaints. Like I said on another thread on political debate there is only one person in ICU in Queensland at this point in time but yes there was for teleties particularly from cruise ships I believe so it is serious.
    However does the whole state have to be shut down? Surely they could just shut down the bigger metropolitan areas , restrict transport out of such and then monitor and close down any cases in the region's.
    I say this because even though this young ladies suicide is tragic , there will be a lot of suicides from failed businesses and even unemployed workers if this shutdown lingers . I am no Alan Jones fan and I don't know if he has said this line above but I guess he may have, because I did hear how he'd been questioning whether there was an overreaction to this virus. I don't blame authorities for being somewhat over-the-top it seems ( perhaps...still hard to know for sure but our experience seems more like Germany than Italy, Spain, France or parts of United States), because if you don't act fast you can end up with an Italy or New York happening!

But what I am saying is that it is great to be cautious, but one has to be pragmatic and take account of our experiences in this country to date, and how its incidence it varies across such a large country.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.