BIT 10.3% 6.1¢ biotron limited

Anybody who knows anything about Biotron's work, knows that they...

1. 2,834 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2381

Anybody who knows anything about Biotron's work, knows that they are not developing a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2. Rather, their entire portfolio is to do with small molecule antivirals, and as everyone also knows, antivirals differ from vaccines in at least one significant design: antivirals treat sick people infected with a pathogen that causes sickness, whereas a vaccine prevents people from acquiring the same sickness. As for vaccines, prevention is better than a cure, as they say.

We also all know that Biotron is just as able to develop an antiviral as any other researcher, if not more so, because in fact, they already have such a compound. They are just testing it now on the new strain of CoV, and the initial results will come any day or week. https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/43808854/single

As I've mentioned many times previously, they began this work with SARS-CoV-1 in 2003, and made a unique discovery about coronavirus E Proteins that has lead to significant further work globally, as can be seen in the essay, 'E Protein - Present Knowledge,' linked in my above post. Since then, they have turned their technology towards HIV, which has recently culminated in a successful phase 2 trial, with results that are 'vaccine like.' The point I want to make here is not so much about the early success so far with HIV, but the technology that commenced with SARS-1, and how that has continued behind the scenes culminating recently with published evidence of how their compounds can successfully inhibit viral replication, in vitro, by interfering in viroporon activity of the E Protein. We should also add that the same technology, in vivo (human), have had promising results with HIV.

But can this technology be adapted to developing a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2?

Yes! (But please do not go off on a tangent by now believing that Biotron is presently working on developing a vaccine. We don't know that, and they probably are NOT, presently). Rather, they are testing their compounds to act as an antiviral against the new virus, just as they have with BIT225 against HIV.

Regarding vaccine development utilizing CoV E proteins, here is one statement from researchers working on the problem before the new virus developed. In other words, there are many researchers who have been working on coronaviruses, long before SARS-CoV-2 came along.

"Researchers have shown that the E protein of SARS-CoV-1 is a promising target for a vaccine."

This was written in 2015, long before the new strain arrived. So there it is, from prominent researchers. In fact, these scientists are probably the most referenced researchers on E Protein research.

What have they come up with about CoV E Protein vaccine development? For that, you'll have to wait until my next post wink.png.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.1¢
Change
-0.007(10.3%)
Mkt cap ! $55.03M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.2¢ 5.5¢ $418.3K 6.837M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 85063 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 14900 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
-0.007 ( 10.3 %)
Open High Low Volume
7.0¢ 7.0¢ 5.6¢ 1208244
Last updated 15.44pm 26/04/2024 ?
BIT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.