now I have been doing some maths with this virus thing. The sea...

1. 456 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    now I have been doing some maths with this virus thing. The sea princess had 7 deaths among 700 infected passengers which comes to a 1% strike rate. The passengers were mainly elderly and within a confined space, that of a ship.
    So if this statistic were to be generalised to a population, then I would say that the fatality rate would hover around the 0.1% mark asnational populations ahve diverse age groups and don't live in such confined spaces.
    If you take the population of NZ for instance, the strike rate at 0.1% would cause about 4000 fatalities especially among the elderly if they didn't take special precautions.
    If the did follow advice. then the deaths would decline further to around the 400 mark or less.
    So it seems to me that the numbers that are being bandied about don't reconcile with the sea princess experience. n

So I would just like to say that this exercise in border control and lockdowns doesn't seem to reconcile with the known facts that have emerged so far.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.