To all my family, friends and fellow workers who looked at me...

1. 3,728 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    To all my family, friends and fellow workers who looked at me strangely when I mentioned why we should not be buying so much stuff from China, this one is for you!

Also, people spending up like there's no tomorrow by going overseas all the time or getting tattoos with effectively money that they don't have, are you the ones who are going to cry the loudest? Are you going to be looking at those who went without instant gratification as your source of security?

The longer we went down this road of enjoying excessively cheap consumer goods from the PRC, the deeper we find ourselves in a hole that cannot be undone without serious economic destruction and personal hardship.

If a 5 pack of underwear can be currently bought for $10 because it is made from somewhere that has cheap labour with unethical workers' rights and poor environmental standards, are we going to happily spend $50 for a locally made pack? No, we won't, and this is why we have gone too far to sort this out without intensive pain.

We may be the next Venezuela

Last edited by Club_sharer: 23/03/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.