VMT 6.67% 14.0¢ vmoto limited

CoronaVirus Blue-Sky Thinking

1. afd
    2,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 629
    I suppose I need to start by saying I don't want to make light of the situation or be flippant. I feel for the people, especially the Chinese, given what happened in Wuhan. Good to see that the China situation is improving and no doubt the lessons learnt there will assist other governments deal with their own domestic situation as well well as the globally co-ordinated efforts.

But in any case, just joining some dots and thinking about the possible opportunities that the current situation and long-term changes to this business segment.

People's thinking possibly becoming more focused on alternative transport modes, environment and general health.

Relatively cheap solo (less prospect of infection), environmentally friendly transport is what Vmoto provides. A counter to some of the short-term concerns around at the moment.

It has the potential to 'introduce' or 'capture' a market / population segment that would not ordinarily have opted for vmoto product. It is likely it will accelerate the migration of transport users to the company's and the broader segment's offerings.

Government stimulus packages could include product subsidies / reduced tariffs, reduced licensing requirements even.

I wonder if Jackie in his role as a member of industry / government regulatory bodies is 'pushing' this. Likewise the company's Euro based senior management and ambassadors might have a role in pushing this in their industry bodies and groups..

It will be interesting to see what form the various and significant government stimulus injections take.

To sum up, there is most likely to be some mid to long-term industry 'structural growth' emerging form the current situation.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
-0.010(6.67%)
Mkt cap ! $60.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 14.5¢ 14.0¢ $5.766K 40.29K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 19709 14.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 64659 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.51pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.