HLO 0.87% $2.31 helloworld travel limited

Coronavirus impact, page-3

1. 959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 157

I bought in recently @ $4.95 following the trading update and increased earnings guidance. Taken quite a hit with this event and it looks like it has a long way to play out and further to fall. I have been endeavoring to ascertain what this all means for HLO and made the following inquiry of management:

I understand it is too early to predict the duration or full impact of the coronavirus on business activity and any specific implications for helloworld. However, as a shareholder, and given there have been no market announcements, am I correct in assuming any impact will be minor?

This is the response from CFO David Hall:

I acknowledge receipt of your recent email. Thank you for contacting us and I recognise your question.

As part of our half-year results announcements scheduled for 24 February, we will be addressing this matter, together with our current performance and outlook.

I would be happy to chat with you post the half-year announcements or through your broker.

As the impacts of the Coronavirus on the Chinese economy and global markets is rising, it is becoming clearer that there will be lower levels of spending on tourism and travel-related products. It will be interesting to see whether management maintain the full-year EBITDA guidance of $86M to $90M they updated to market at the AGM last November. I note the Inbound division delivers the highest margins across the business. I would also be interested to learn how a company with 2447 franchisees monitors and tracks impacts of such events on the business.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.31
Change
0.020(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $368.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.30 $2.31 $2.29 $102.3K 44.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 4078 $2.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.32 25390 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.04pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HLO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.