HiJust wondering how other Self Funded Retirees have been...

1. 135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34

Hi
    Just wondering how other Self Funded Retirees have been managing their portfolios in recent weeks. On the 20/2/20 I held cash 30% and shares 70%. By the 9/3/20 I had increased cash to 75% and shares 25%. I held this allocation until mid April. Since then I have been buying more shares and my current position is cash 20% and shares 80%. I re-purchased some shares, that I had previously sold, at a lower price than I sold them for, but not near the lowest point that they fell to - e.g. MNY;CWP;PTB;PSQ;MYS;SUL; BAP;GUD). I also added more health stocks, because I regarded my previous % allocation to health stocks as being too low. The prices I paid were also not at the lowest price they fell to (e.g SHL; RHC; IDX). A couple of holdings I re-purchased at approx. the same price that I had sold them for (e.g. API; JBH). I also added some shares that I think will have short term difficulties but good percentage upside with economic recovery (e.g. HVN; APE; ARB; AZJ; TWD). I will allocate the remaining cash to shares, most likely before the end of June 2020.

To state that I have found investing with the Covid-19 problems difficult would be a massive understatement (but my holding in DEG has been giving me something pleasant to look forward to). I decided to buy back into the share market for the following reasons:
    (a) I am now very confident that there will be an effective Covid-19 vaccine by March 2021 and with vaccine news updates well before massive commercial availability - by that time many good to fair purchase prices will no longer be available (until the next crash); and
    (2) many Governments, having significantly reduced the curve of infections and death rates, are and will continue to decide that a morally difficult, but necessary decision, is to continue with suppression plus lock down of local outbreaks, accept a low death rate, but higher than the standard flu, and open the economy.

I could be wrong but I have re-balanced my portfolio - now better balanced for the long term than it was before Covid-19.
    Regards
    Old Fisherman

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.