I thought these high rise units must have some sort of air...

1. 195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I thought these high rise units must have some sort of air circulation system but how wrong could I be.
    I did a google on "public housing high rise ventilation" and found https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/melbournes-public-housing-tenants-sizzle-on-hot-days-20160112-gm3zlt.html part of which reads:
    Greens Melbourne MP Ellen Sandell said heatwaves could be dangerous in public housing."These concrete boxes heat up during the day and don't cool down overnight," Ms Sandell said. "In the Flemington high-rise flats, many residents are forced to sleep on the nearby oval due to temperatures soaring above 50 degrees in their flats."
    (The awning type windows open a maximum of 125mm, which I gather is to stop small children falling out.)
    I guess I am out of touch with how much those with no other housing choice have to endure. Perhaps if we were back in the heat of early February for this current high rise lockdown we would be more aware of this problem of the tenants.
    I read today that there are 543 active COVID-19 cases in Victoria, of which 26 are in hospital. I am curious as to where the 517 non-hospital cases are being accommodated and what, if any, treatment they are receiving. Are they left to wait until they get worse before qualifying for hospital treatment? and this leads to the question: how many recover without any medical treatment after being deemed "active"?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.