CSL 0.53% $299.60 csl limited

Coronavirus, page-83

1. 2,758 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1069

I found this update on the CSL web site today - dated 4 May 2020 - yesterday
    COVID-19 Update

CSL continues to provide medicines to patients around the world.

Safeguarding our people, patients and donors remains our top priority. As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, CSL continues to provide medicines to patients around the world. In addition, we have taken measures to support the health and well-being of our people. We continue to closely monitor the outbreak to minimize business impact.

Our Efforts:

• We have joined with other leading plasma companies to form the CoVIg-19 Plasma Alliance, an unprecedented industry collaboration with a goal of developing and delivering CoVIg-19, a potential plasma-derived therapy for treating those with serious complications from COVID-19. We’re also partnering with SAB Biotherapeutics, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, to advance and deliver a novel immunotherapy targeting COVID-19. To see what else we’re doing to address the global pandemic, please see our Fact Sheet.

Our People:

• We have taken numerous steps to help ensure the health and safety of our workforce. This includes restricting international travel through May 31, postponing large group meetings, and encouraging employees to leverage various communication technologies to minimize business disruption.

Our Patients & Products:

• CSL continues to provide an uninterrupted supply of our medicines around the world. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we are closely tracking any impact it could have on our operations.

• We have ongoing clinical trials at investigational sites worldwide and remain in close contact with researchers who are involved in this important work to evaluate promising new medicines, discussing the best ways to manage patient visits and follow-up appointments.

• We are supporting the University of Queensland (AUS) in its effort to develop a COVID-19 vaccine by providing technical expertise. As part of this partnership, we have made a donation of our company’s proprietary adjuvant technology, MF59®, to the university’s pre-clinical development program.

Our Donors:

Our plasma collection network is operational. Our plasma centers are committed to the highest standards of quality and safety for our employees and donors.

————————

Let’s not forget that CSL was formed by the Australian Government over 100 years ago to enable Australia to position itself well for pandemics. At the start of this thread, I post some of the material from the CSL web site that explains how well CSL is placed today to take on the COVID-19 virus pandemic.

During April, CSL communicated several ways in which it is actively involved in the developments of a vaccine(s) and treatments for COVID-19. There may be new medicines / drugs developed as a result that may eventually flow into CSL’s revenue stream.

The FLU season is upon us here in Australia. The Govt has ordered more flu shots this year than previous years - not all are from CSL but I am sure their numbers will be up. I expect that FLU vaccine numbers for Northern Hemisphere countries will also be up next winter season as COVID-19 is likely to be still lurking around during the next 12+ months.

If / when one or more vaccines for COVID-19 have been fully tested and become available, I expect that ALL vaccine manufacturing companies will be called upon to help manufacture 8+ billion vaccines in a hurry .... no one company will be able to do this on its own in a short time period.

The COVID-19 pandemic is likely to trigger in the CSL Board and Management teams thinking how the company was formed and started life. Pandemics will be at the front of everyone’s mind for years to come. I expect that CSL will be looking at how their future strategy may expand to provide life saving products and services into this immediate fearful future for the world. They are well placed.

Sure CSL has a high PE but there is good reason for it - it is a well run company and it is quite possible that the smart money can see a lot more potential in this fine Australia company than most others on the ASX. I think we may see CSL grab this pandemic by the horns and evolve much stronger and eventually much broader and potentially much bigger.

This is not investment advice - DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.