WEB 0.22% $9.21 webjet limited

Coronavirus, page-115

1. 605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    I have just been looking at the spread of virus and i note that most countries that have an outbreak right now are in winter. Even Iran is relatively cool in the single digits minimum to max of low to mid teens. Also interesting is that countries that have so far been able to "contain" the virus seems to be from hot and humid countries like Vietnam, Singapore and Philippines. Even over here down under. There has been plenty of opportunities for community transmission, however (**knock on wood**) we have so far managed to keep this down. Even around January when we started hearing about people being infected over here, it didn't result in a big blow up like in South korea, iran, Italy or china. The weather in January was hot and humid over here too.

my point is maybe the virus doesnt tolerate hot and humid conditions and that this weather perhaps decreases the chances of survival of the virus once outside the host and therefore lessens transmission for example breathing in particles or even from handrails etc. We all know viruses like cold conditions to thrive. I m no virus expert but i would love to hear others opinions on this.

i truely hope this virus is seasonal and that it will start to die off around April to may when the Northern hemisphere starts to heat up a bit! In the mean time i ll be keenly bidding my time for a big topup!

Good luck all!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WEB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.