Coronavirus, page-5

1. 12,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3146
    Beware the press, a healthy sceptical attitude can be helpful. Another headline from yesterday said that ‘everyone will get the virus’. Yes, everyone. How does that make sense when the rate of infection is dropping in the very place it originated from. That should show us that things can be done about it.
    The bush fires had journalists writing all sorts of rubbish about climate change and this is the new normal until we had floods soon afterwards. That is normal, not what they were saying. There will always be pin heads grand standing with dire predictions on every subject. Trump gets elected and the world was going to end, Brexit would mean the collapse of Britain, bush fires means we will all die, US market will go to nothing, Bitcoin is going to $1m, Shorten will get elected, North Korea and the US are about to go to war, the trade war will destroy the world, Scomo is responsible for the fires, the sea levels will be 1 meter higher by the year 2000 and all the ice caps should have melted by now. Anyone see a pattern?
    People that say these things are tools who either have a self interest or looking to sell crapy news papers. Frankly, this is why they say don’t believe what you read. If the press want a story and can’t find it, they will create it by finding a pin head to give them a headline. The press do some good and they are also not to taken lightly. They are a business after all. They are not there to teach us anything when they are bias or running angels with hype twist and pike.
    The world had a pandemic in 2009 that killed hundreds of thousands of people. Swine flu. Anyone remember? Anyone remember SARS or the super bad flu a few years back? I’m not completely sure of the number because several press articles had different numbers. No surprise with that. Twiggy forest got a massive dividend and all three major news papers got a different number. It seems like looking up how many shares he owned was toooooo bloody hard for them.
    I am sceptical because they have taught me to be sceptical.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.