Mate, I did my best spreading it out. Wasn't match betting or...

1. 30 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Mate, I did my best spreading it out. Wasn't match betting or promo abusing.

They sure do directly data link accounts across their own brands/networks (Ladrokes, Neds, Betstar and Bookmaker's with Entain, the Betmakers "aussie independents" share and Betfair and Sportsbet with Flutter). Restricted on one and your either gone on the others or skating on thin ice.

They all run "business model integrity" algorithms to see where on the curve from sharp to rec to degenerate your going to fall based on turnover, betting concentration in particular markets, time bets placed before post, length of time accounts been open, gross ROI etc. The software is supplied by just a handful of 3rd parties. Some bookies are squarer then others, but they will all restrict you eventually. Some after a few hundred in the black (Unibet *couth*, robwaterhouse *cough*), some up to the few thousands plus if you play their algorithm well enough.

Got done first off Chilean horses. Frankly it was a joke. Made an account with the state monopoly tote over there (Teletrack) and just watched for the overpriced/undervalued runners before each race. All the bookies here get their pricing data from SIS (Satellite Information Service) and was/is laughable. My ROI was running around 230%, pegged back later a little when they pushed their book % up. Races from one of the Metro tracks (Hippodromo de Chile) were particularly good because you could get implied odds for the three race triples (1,2,3...4,5,6...) and lay up some nice multi's.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2951/2951988-0985232376117b58182abb56b0c12233.jpghttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2951/2951996-f7b6a6c296cd3b66a1e242cbafd4c426.jpghttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2951/2951999-858fc456e22985697beaa9882ca99ae5.jpg

Sportsbet must have been burnt and now only run SP on all South America. Lads, Bet365, Pointsbet and others have started running early fixed again recently after the stopping about July unbelievably. It will get you booted pretty quick. The same effect is seen on other SA countries too, Gavea and San Isidro are pretty beatable.

After that had to move to North America greyhounds. Was significantly less RIO (around 135%ish) but much more racing (100+ races a morning) and turnover. The vote and banning of racing in Florida at the end of 2020 sent shock-waves through the local industry there that produced significant inefficiencies. Welpings ended before the run down so it was the same dog going round day after day, lots of dog to dog to dog comparison data to pick at.

Sin taxation on the win pool in Florida also crushed the pros out and pushed them fully into the exotic quin and exacta pools. The win pools were usually less then $100-200 and only drunks at the track counter were betting in it but a few thousand would go in the exotics. Watch races where no-one placed the $2 min on the win pool and had to roll down to second. The two price data suppliers both ran on the win pool numbers that were horribly unreliable. You could work the reliable real local prices backwards from the exotics matrix (Trackinfo.com *wink*), read the race guide, easy. Was able to play a lot more multi's because of the fast pace and did nicely. Pulled off a fully Yankee one morning on Iowa, Wheeling, Derby Lane and Palm Beach.

The price distribution curved used by the data suppliers was really bad too, far too even and not short heavy enough if you know what I mean. There was never a $1.50 or $2.00 dog in a race, the lowest the went was $2.50 mostly. Since it was the same (and reducing) old dogs going around, there was very often a raging fav that here at Wentworth or Sandown would be a $1.20 or $1.10ish on the TAB but you might get $3.00 or $4.00 fixed. Multi and bingo then banned. That got me at most of my bans, maybe 40-60 split with Chile.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2952/2952098-9ccf3220c797a1b80017f0de1e17c173.jpg

Honestly, I really wasn't interested in racing before the last year or so. Was on a week on/off job interstate end of '19-start of '20 and there wasn't much to do off week. Then with the Vic lock-down it was something to do and felt at least a little more productive then watching Netflix and drinking.

Been a real eye opener seeing how the industry works.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.