MRC 0.00% 2.3¢ mineral commodities ltd

Finnish national broadcasting company YLE reports newsabout Mr...

1. 21 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

Finnish national broadcasting company YLE reports newsabout Mr Fox's company with the headline:

Malminetsijänvaraus Peruveden alueella herättää huolta

The reservation of an ore prospector in the Peruvesiarea raises concerns - according to the company, this mine is needed to combatclimate change The mining company assures that it wants to consider theenvironment and the community. The leisure resident considers the claims to begreenwashing.

Akku Minerals Oy's reservation for an ore prospectingpermit in the Peruvesi region worries residents and landowners in Pertunmaa andMäntyharju. Akku Minerals Oy, which was recently founded, has filed areservation notice with the Finnish Safety and Chemical Agency (Tukes) forgraphite exploration in the area. The reservation gives the company theexclusive right to prepare an ore prospecting permit application.

According to Akku Minerals Oy's co-founder (name removed),ore exploration is especially needed due to the electrification of traffic.

“- We know that we need much more of these batteryminerals. Graphite is especially needed for batteries and currently there issimply not enough production”, says (name removed). She also assures that thecompany wants to act differently from what the mining industry is used to.According to (name removed), we want to think about the effects on theenvironment and the community from the very beginning.

“- The reservation has just been made. We are a verysmall company and have only just started research. We already organizeinformation sessions for local people and landowners precisely because we wantto listen to everyone's opinions. If they have concerns, we want to address themand from the beginning design this project in such a way that the localcommunity can support it”, says (name removed). "Mining must change"(name removed) admits that mines always have an environmental impact.

“- Mining has certainly not been a pioneer inconsidering environmental impacts, but this simply has to change now. To combatclimate change, more metals and minerals are needed, but it makes no sense toprevent climate change if we destroy biodiversity”, she says. There has been areservation in the area before. Oy Fennoscandian Resources Ab had made areservation in 2015 for the exploration of several metals, including graphite.(name removed) points out that it is a different project because at the time anopen pit mine was planned. Akku Minerals plans to implement a possible mineunderground.

"Clear features of greenwashing" Leisureresident and landowner (name removed) finds the company's claims unbelievable.

“- There are clear features of greenwashing here. Thecompany has not been able to communicate about environmental risks fairly andopenly.” (name removed) believes that an underground mine produces less noiseand dust than an open-pit mine, but chemicals are also used there, and duringproduction, slag is created, which can release acidic compounds into the water.

“ - An underground mine involves environmental risks,just like an open pit mine. It would seem really important that these are toldopenly to us landowners and the residents of the area”, (name removed) says.

Akku Minerals will organize an event for landowners inPertunmaa on July 20 and Mäntyharju on July 21, and a public event inMäntyharju on July 23 and Pertunmaa on July 24.

(name removed), on the other hand, has founded theFacebook group "Peruvesi ilman kaivoksia".

Fjordinvest predicted the schedule of Mr. Fox'spresentation in Finland with 100% accuracy!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.