tenacity is both a strength and a weakness. I may well give up....

1. 18,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    tenacity is both a strength and a weakness. I may well give up.

when I was thinking about it this afternoon and contemplating the irony of people who position themselves as liberal and tolerant (and there is a small group of them) yet are incredibly rigid in their thinking and appear to lack the capacity for self reflection. neither of the two on this thread will ever go back of the string of posts.

I’d be fine if I have misconstrued something. I’d be fine if disagreement wasn’t embedded with personalised attacks or non sequitors. I’d be fine if they could explain how exactly I have not responded to exactly what they wrote. Neither of these two are at all interested in that. Worse still they get emotional and prickly about any disagreement with them.

I made a promise to myself after living with one such person who was always right even when they were wrong and abusive to boot that I simply wouldn’t back down just because I was being attacked. Especially if the other person was shifting ground to avoid backing down.

This virtual world has been a comparatively safe space to practice and in my real world there has been no need to exercise these skills. Such disrespectful people simply don’t enter my orbit. And as an added note this virtual world behaviour is actually distasteful to me

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.