correct titles, page-15

1. 8,527 Posts.
    hahahahaha! Misty - I'm having a laugh at you here -

you haven't seen me in action!

and yes, I probably could not reach the high levels of "smartness" it takes to confuse, mislead, and tell big fat porkies as seems to be de rigeur behaviour for most Labor politicians now. All scares witless they're going to lose their seats. Which is why Wilkie's now getting the usual run-around and promise back-flip. Because if he wins, seats will fall in droves all down the east coast.

And if I'd got up and said to the public, three days out from election, "There will be NO Carbon Tax under a Government I lead" - and then, later, I brought in such a tax, I think I'd go out and shoot myself. Takes a thick skin not to reflect on that and not end up with a bad case of self-disgust at oneself - misleading a whole electorate deliberately! (Almost makes Keating and Latham seem nice by comparison!)

For I coudn't walk the walk, and talk the talk, knowing how I'd told such a lie -

To my mind, the very first quality of any Prime Minister worth their salt is having the ability to look people (i.e. everyone they meet)in the eye. A vital leadership quality.

Strength of character, integrity, and the ability to lead with the best interests of the people always at the core of everything you do, are very very elusive qualities in a politician.

Like the Captain of the unfortunate cruise ship which foundered off the coast of Amalfi, if one (allegedly) cannot steer the ship, and later tell the truth about what really happened, then a country with any PM or President or other Leader who happens to be found wanting in the required qualities listed above can equally steer their ship (their country) right off right course, and end up on the rocks, with disastrous consequences for many of the passengers - or in the case of a country - citizens.

The old saying, "clothes do not maketh the man", is equally matched by "a title does not maketh a leader". Many Caesars were evil, corrupt, murdering, plotting thugs - yet they wore the regal toga, and the regal laurel wreath - and were
    worshipped by the sycophants, who ignored their bloodthirsty, empire destroying ways.

And look how Ms. Gillard attained the title! By politically "back-stabbing" the incumbent - the legally elected incumbent. In a dirty deed she denied would ever happen - and SHE was his supposed loyal deputy! And party to most of the decisions she then went on to blame HIM for! (As making HIM incompetent!) The gall of this woman!

So Misty - you always rush to judgements - very simplistic ones. Left - good. Right - bad. And me - according to you - rotten! Really don't care what you think of me - never give it a thought and don't care - it's what people think of Ms. Gillard which should always be under the spotlight of the Australian people.

To me - a major lie to the electorate - so blatant - three or four nights out - is nothing to be proud of, let alone crow about! The fact that her supporters support her still, despite such a base lie, proven and on record, says a lot about the supporters, in my opinion of course. People forget Swan made a similar statement - "there will be no Carbon Tax!" And he described such speculation prior to the election as "Hysterical nonsense!"

I'd laugh at her too - but no, to see what she and her co-lings are doing to this once great country is more a matter of tears, hand-wringing, despair and heart-wrenching sadness. The knowing we have to be forced to sit and watch, able to do nothing - it's tragic. And unjust.

Ludicrous policies on the run - flailing around for the next loony brainwave patch-ups - and running up huge debts in other people's money -(ours) - to bolster up their own egos and political survival? For that's ALL this lot care about - survival - personal survival - at all costs.
    These are not people I admire. Instead, I despise them, almost to the man - and woman.

Hope her next election slogan is not "You can always trust me!"

There's an old Melbourne saying - that someone's got "more front than Myers!". Seems very applicable here.

It all will come down to "how stupid ARE the electorate?"
    Bet she's banking on us all being a gaggle of goons.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.