LYC 1.14% $6.22 lynas rare earths limited

"I do hope that Lynas reconsiders any future investment in...

1. 616 Posts.
    "I do hope that Lynas reconsiders any future investment in Malaysia after this long drawn out and painful process."

Lynas's poor soveriegn risk assessment is evident for all to see. They are already going on gangbusters to construct the phase 2 while phase 1 is stuck in the quicksand called TOL and then POL.

In contrast, it is noteworthy that Siemens who have signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to establish a joint venture company to produce neodymium based rare earth magnets have not announced their plan to establish it in Malaysia though there were indications that they would take a decision on that by December 2011.

It appears that the directors of board and execs of Siemens are more mature in assessing the sovereign risk for the plant to be established in Malaysia than the one man show that is LYC and is the reason why the LYC board needs to be restructured to become a truly great company instead of being a shell company in the hands of a financial engineer having no clue of how to invest properly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.22
Change
0.070(1.14%)
Mkt cap ! $5.813B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.21 $6.22 $6.07 $13.54M 2.193M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 $6.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.22 12273 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.