You were relying on the latter part of the verses you quoted, "I...

1. 5,245 Posts.
    You were relying on the latter part of the verses you quoted, "I am in the father and the father is me".
    And then claiming this supports Jesus is God and Jesus acknowledging he was God.

Hence I was demonstrating that that did nothing of a sort based on - "I am in the father and the father is in me".

Wotsup, its not a matter of just taking snippets, if you need to read the whole chapter in its right context to really understand what’s going on
    First, God is Spirit, a being with no body, a body has to be in a certain definite place, but a spirit does not. Nobody has ever seen God with our eyes and because of this they had a hard time and still couldn’t understanding who Jesus really was and what He’s all about, as in the flesh there is a big difference then being in the spirit, which is the difference in God being a spirit and Jesus being in the flesh and people understanding the nature

Basically, in the whole chapter of John 14, Jesus is saying if you seen me you have seen the invisible Father( who is spirit) and that can be seen in the works, preaching, teaching and most of all in His death and resurrection which are contained in John’s gospels, being the reason why John wrote it
    I’m not going to go through the whole chapter and explain each verse for you, but basically they are saying the same thing that is to recognize or see the Father through Jesus by His works, thus we can say we have seen the Father, Jesus brought the Father's disposition to us to see the invisible Father

(John 14:5-7)

Jesus explained that the ‘way’ to the Father was through the Son. Jesus had brought the truth of God and eternal life to the human race, and to know him was to know God. To know the Son was to know the Father (John 14:5-7). Because I and the Father are ONE, John 10:30 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

(John 14:9)
    9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? The truth is that God, as God, or as a Father, had been manifested in the incarnation, the works, and the teachings of Christ, so that they who had seen and heard him might be say to have had a real view of God. When Jesus says, “hath seen the Father,” this cannot refer to the essence or substance of God, for He is Spirit and invisible, and in that respect no man has seen God at any time. All that is meant when it is said that God is seen, is that some manifestation of him has been made by Jesus through Jesus in Jesus, some such exhibition we may learn his character, his will, and his plans. In this case it cannot mean that he that had seen Jesus with the bodily eyes had in the same sense seen God; but he that had been a witness of his miracles and of his transfiguration - that had heard his teachings and studied his character - had full evidence of his divine mission, and of the will and purpose of the Father in sending him. The knowledge of the Son was itself, of course, the knowledge of the Father. There was such an intimate union in their nature and design that he who understood the one understood also the other.14:9 ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip,’ said Jesus to him ‘and you still do not know me? ‘To have seen me is to have seen the, Father, so how can you say, “Let us see the Father”?
    (John 14:10)
    14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak as from myself: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing this work. - I am in the Father, and the Father in me? — We (Father and Jesus) are essentially one; and those who have seen me have seen him who sent me, We are not only one in nature, but one also in operation. The works which I have done manifestation bear witness of the infinite perfection of my nature. Such miracles as I have wrought could only be performed by unlimited power.

(John 14:11)
    You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; believe it on the evidence of this work, if for no other reason. Believe me. Jesus is basically saying Believe my declarations that I am in the Father, there were two grounds on which you might believe; one was his own testimony, the other was his works.
    Jesus is getting down to the end of the road, and He's just making one radical statement after another. "He that hath seen Me . " Do you want to see the Father? "Look, you've been around Me for a long time. If you have seen Me, you have seen the Father. For," he goes on to say, "the works that I do I don't do of Myself, but the Father who dwells in Me, He does the works. That words that I speak are not My words, but the Father who sent Me. I'm here representing the Father, and if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father." And so, do you want to know what God is like? You can look at Jesus Christ. For the purpose of His coming was to manifest the Father to man. "God, who in sundry times and in diverse manners spoke to our Fathers by the prophets, hath in these last days spoken unto us by His own Son
    " ( Hebrews 1:1-4 ) In times past, God spoke in partial and various ways to our ancestors through the prophets; 2 in these last days, he spoke to us through a son, whom he made heir of all things and through whom he created the universe,3 who is the refulgence of his glory, the very imprint of his being, and who sustains all things by his mighty word. When he had accomplished purification from sins, he took his seat at the right hand of the Majesty on high,4 as far superior to the angels

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.