LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

Yes, the BOH of our very virtuous recycling efforts has always...

1. 913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1126
    Yes, the BOH of our very virtuous recycling efforts has always been a very dubious.

I know one of the world major airports has an elaborate system of very prominent and shiny material separation bins for the public to use and admire. Great PR.

The contractor for the bins is simply required to remove and dispose of this waste - I was told it all goes in the same container even before being removed off-site, and ultimately is reused as land fill.

I've seen some of the recycling dumps in Asia; they are the stuff of horror movies.

Our Government's like very visible things when it comes to the environment, like wind-generators prominent on the horizon. While more impactful solutions are often neglected.

If they can involve / inconvenience the public even better; keep then busy sorting their little bits of garbage and the public feels YES!, "something" is being done.

And being inconvenienced folk aren't quite so loud about asking for more. A bit like long queues at airport security.

Politicians are quite cluey about such gambits.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.