PSA 0.00% 2.1¢ petsec energy limited

Corruption , Conflict , Khat

1. 14 Posts.
    I have been studying the Middle East for more than 8 years and can say I know about its geology divisions , culture , history and many more.
    The Middle Eastern countries geology can be divided into two zones especially let me talk about the Arabian Peninsula first.
    The Arabian Platform which is mainly Persian/Arabian gulf countries consists and is rich in mainly non-metallic minerals what that means is it is minerals that contain no metals like oil or phosphate or salt.
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SHrhDAAAQBAJ&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=arabian+platform+non+metallic&source=bl&ots=svcHhX0oio&sig=ACfU3U2e0wFqOWi7ZnX5JuhN59prNrB2gw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjuiMXTmc_nAhUhtnEKHV3MATcQ6AEwD3oECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=arabian%20platform%20non%20metallic&f=false
    So its basically barren with just huge oil and phosphate deposits which is a non-metallic mineral.The Arabian platform lies in the Eastern Portion of the Arabian Plate.
    Now Yemen lies in the western proportion mainly while the governate of Hadramawt and Shabwa which are rich in oil and gas.
    But Yemen also has vast potential in its offshore fields which are largely unexplored and in a report by Bloomberg written before the Yemeni war said that its offshore potential can triple its oil reserves(huge).
    Hence Gulf of Aden , Red Sea , Socotra island which has the Arabian Sea and the Indian ocean both I am sure they will be a big oil or gas find as their is a huge variety to choose from I talked about Socotra
    before hopefully when the war and corruption ends the country may be back on its needs to do hydrocarbon exploration mainly offshore.
    As for other than oil and gas Yemen has a vast wealth of other minerals this is from the geological survey conducted before Yemen's war.
    The Geological Survey confirms that the reserves of industrial minerals exceed 900 million tons, and some of the raw materials exceed the trillion, as well as about 24 exploration sites for a gold reserve of about 100 million tons. However, the sector has not yet played the required role in economic growth due to the reluctance to invest and the absence of an attractive environment. Studies and geological surveys indicate a vast and promising diversity in the minerals stored in the Yemeni underground (cement, ceramics, glass, gold, nickel, copper, cobalt, zinc, silver, lead, iron, platinum, building stones and decorations).
    I got this source from www.ijbmi.org/papers/Vol(7)12/Version-3/F0712034049.pdf page 5.
    The potential is huge but patience is key the terror , corruption , war and the drug (khat) which is consumed in the large population of the country have made it the poverty it is today once this country was the richest
    country in the region and i have researched about the history but tables have turned yemen has the potential liquefied natural gas, mineral riches , a very big strategic port and the most fertile land in the Arabian
    Peninsula hopefully the table will turn again but this time hopeful for the country and its people.
    If i have to give Petsec energy some advice and hopefully i think that offshore potenial exploration in Yemen and especially Socotra will be promising to the sector in that country.
    Give your thoughts down below what do you think ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PSA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.