Cory Bernardi's Common Sense, page-45

1. 2,360 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    Gee I dunno SLC

Lied is a big call, unless he told you otherwise prior to the freeze of nominations that he would always stay in Liberal Party no matter where its policies drifted.

I am not convinced about the premise that Centre is better than Right or Left, indeed the concept of Left and Right is antiquated, since we now see Left wing fascists, at all sorts of events, even on TV I believe. The term fascist and bigot is also losing meaning, when I see publicly funded activists like Roz Ward physically violating the rights of another person to wear a hat bearing the name of a US Presdential Candidate.

If you mean small government with a strong moral compass, guided by a solid spiritual conviction to serve a living God, I don;t care what you call it, but that's what I want.

The founders of Australia's colonies, even non-elected governors like LaTrobe and MacQuarie, and the early Federalists appear to have been Christian. Once upon a time the Liberal party had a high proportion of these people, and Abbot, Howard were the latest examples. Macquarie and LaTrobe were at the forefront of abolition of slavery with William Wilberforce, so maybe that makes them leftists?

I was too young to vote for Chipp, but somehow Steele Hall and others seem to keep popping up in SA. I suspect that like Nick Xenophon they ultimately stood for not much of importance to me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.