EVN 4.19% $3.73 evolution mining limited

Cost blowouts

1. 6,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1198
    I'm still infuriated with the cost blowouts from the Canuck workforce. From the day I saw the word "Canada" in EVN's planned acquisition at Red Lake, I started fretting and polucking at my quilt and pearls: for good reason. Jake's a nice guy and that's a problem. They seem to have ringed him in with circling jet-skis laughing and whooping like hyenas as if he were some lost homesteader in the wild west under group attack. IMO, the best way to double the productivity with those guys is fire half of them. Then you might see a sudden furrowing of the foreheads with marked increases in attendance and concentration.

I understand they see half-decent homes going for $3Million plus and expect their salaries to somehow reflect that but if they want to stay employed, they'll need to focus on mining the ground for gold and not the shareholders' pockets. Start with cracking down on the incidence of Covid fraud by requiring a verified lab test to confirm claims of positive RAT's.

This all reminds me of my time in Japan watching Carlos Ghosn (le cost killer) who entered Nissan while it was a considered a hopeless, bloated, sclerotic money loser nearing bankruptcy that he turned around in a year to become a multi-$Billion money maker by showing 14% of the staff the door. See how fast the numbers turn up when you bring in some "productivity reviews" to slough off the trip hazards on site. The time for motivation by extra cinnabon treats at lunch is over. Let the chainsaw do the talking.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.73
Change
0.150(4.19%)
Mkt cap ! $7.407B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.68 $3.73 $3.63 $119.7M 32.26M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6000 $3.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.73 662971 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.