BPP 0.00% 0.6¢ babylon pump & power limited

cost of a set of the heart diagnostics , page-4

1. 586 Posts.
    At the time scientists said that a successful Bionic Ear or cochlear implant was not possible in the foreseeable future. This made it difficult to get funding and Professor Clark and his staff had to seek donations from the general public to establish the work. The help of clubs such as Rotary, Lions and Apex was invaluable at this time.

The prototype multiple-electrode Bionic Ear was implanted in the first adult at The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital by Graeme Clark and colleagues in 1978. The team discovered how to analyse the complex speech signal and present it as electrical stimulation to the hearing nerve so that speech could be understood. In addition, they were successful in engineering a speech processor small enough for the patient to wear.

As a result of this ground-breaking research, the Australian Government awarded a public interest grant that helped develop the Bionic Ear industrially by the Australian firm Cochlear Limited. The first device for clinical trial world-wide was implanted at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in 1982. The international trial established that it was safe and effective and it was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1985, the first multiple-electrode Bionic Ear to be approved by any world regulatory body.

In 1985, the team implanted the first child with a multiple-electrode Bionic Ear. This Bionic Ear was developed industrially by Cochlear Limited in co-operation with The University of Melbourne and The Bionic Ear Institute. This was the start of a world-wide trial for the Bionic Ear and its use in young children. It was approved as safe and effective for use in children born deaf or developing hearing early in life by the US Food and Drug Administration in 1990. It has also been approved by the Chinese and other world regulatory bodies. It is considered by many the first major advance in helping profoundly deaf children to communicate in the last 200 years since signing was established at the Paris Deaf School.

The Australian Bionic Ear has now been implanted in more than 50,000 people in more than 120 countries.

5 to 10 years from now IMI will be a house hold name, just like the cochlear ear.

I hold long term, for the great gains ,not only wealth gains ,but for my long term health. Not a better stock i would rather be in at the moment.

( maybe RMG as well ).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.99M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 21082433 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5031226 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.