Cost of endless fear rhetoric

1. 7,670 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The endless fear campaign waged by our politicians, CMOs and media has taken a hidden toll .
    You won’t read this in the paper , it probably won’t rate a mention on the news because he didn’t die of covid. The stress on our yr 12 students is hard enough in a normal yr let alone with the constant water torture of fear, led by our politicians but fuelled by rabid media. Having returned to school from a lockdown and having missed some exams , this is what they returned to... keep up with the classes and exams missed must be done by fri , coupled with the you must wear a mask at all times at school ( try it , see how easy it is to wear one for 8 hrs ) get vaccinated.......a bright young lad took his life on Wednesday ,unable to cope. I’m sure he’s not alone , but I guess that doesn’t sell papers or click up the ratings. I would ask our politicians to start giving some hope , take their petty name/shame calling and change the message and tone to give our youth something to look forward to . Spare a thought for the parents ,family ,friends and fellow students who now must try to go on. Don’t bother replying I won’t be watching ....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.