Cost of living in Australia, page-3

1. 9,046 Posts.
    For tourism, I say that Australia is at, or near, the top of the list....I travel a fair bit....just spent a month in Hawaii. While staying with relatives on Oahu - I did find that supermarkets and restaurants, even with the tips for the meals, was about 2/3's of Perth prices - and service levels far better. Then on to the big island at a Hilo hotel....drop that down to 40-50% of Perth prices....and far more pleasant. Note we were staying in Hilo, rather than tourist inflamed Kona. Not that I think it made much difference...I'm guessing a $20-30 USD day average. Hilo is much more relaxing and Hawaiian....

Add our annual Japan trips....which is running about half of Perth prices....even in Tokyo, while Hokkaido is even cheaper, as is Okinawa and Kyushu. And people are fearful of traveling to Japan....LOL...it is a wonderful bargain compared to Australia. Plus the nicest people on earth.... Almost everywhere is cheaper than OZ. I hear Norway and Sweden may be more expensive but I would have to go there to confirm it.....I heard the same about Japan....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.