cost of power in russia

1. 9,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 810
    Personally, I don't have a problem with nuclear energy, but why does the Aust. Govt. only have a problem with it in Australia.?

Apparently, and according to Ms.Gillard, it is of immense benefit to Russia to embrace nuclear electricity generation because it lowers green gas emissions and decreases the cost of power to the consumer. So we now export Uranium to Russia.

I'm stuffed, why is it so good to export our Uranium to Russia to make their electricity cheaper and eco friendly and yet we can't use our own mineral here to do the same thing ?

Australia has 45% of the worlds' Uranium - instead of using it we're building windmills and importing solar panels from China (with a 12 year life I might add).

""The agreement will help Russia to meet its expanding energy needs as it seeks to reduce its greenhouse emissions by diversifying its energy sources and shifting away from a reliance on fossil fuels," the prime minister said."

Link

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Aust-signs-off-on-Russia-nuclear-deal-B4BNN?opendocument&src=rss

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.